Beit Sahour – The Evangelical Lutheran Schools (ELS) 2017 Spring Educational Day was blessed with a beautiful, bright spring day on the 7th of April on Beit Sahour’ School’s athletic court.
Principal Georgette Rabadi, and ELS Director of Education Dr. Charlie Haddad welcomed volunteers, pastors, administrators from participating schools, representatives of the Palestinian Authority Ministry of Education, Bethlehem Director of Education, and The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land Bishop Munib Younan to the celebration of academic competition.
Spring Educational Day is an opportunity for students to showcase their language, humanities, and scientific abilities in friendly competitions.
- Little Champions: Q&A for Grade 4
- Arabic Forum: Mini-talks and Q&A for Grades 5-6-7
- English Language Bowl: Mini-talks and Spelling Bee for Grades 8-9-10
- Information Marathon: Q&A for Grade 11, Scientific & Humanities Streams
- German Lesewettbewerb: all German teaching schools reading competition G6 – G11
Students prepared themselves throughout the winter for the Educational Day.
“The event is a process. Every child is given a chance. They are all winners because they have improved their skills by preparing for this event,” said Dr. Haddad.
Special congratulations to the winner of the 2017 Spring Educational Day logo competition, Yazan Al-Yateem.Results SED 2017