The ELCJHL’s Environmental Education Center in Beit Jala has an integrated program educating especially area youth about our responsibility to care for our environment. Teachers at the Center have been featured in local publications about the environment.
One of the main concerns about the Israeli occupation policies is the effect on the environment, especially of the construction of the separation barrier.
Click here for recent articles in This Week in Palestine’s February Issue on the Environment and the summer 2007 issue of Cornerstone from Sabeel on the Environment:
- Can We Protect Our Environment by Buthina Hannuneh and Dua’ Salameh
- Robin Visits EEC for the Fourth Time by Riad Abu Saada
- Myths and Facts about Hyenas by Simon Awad
- The Israeli Separation Plan by the Applied Research Institute of Jerusalem
- Cornerstone Summer 2007 Issue by Sabeel on the Environment includes:
- Simon Awad’s The Effect of the Occupation on the Environment
- Israeli Violations against the Palestinian Environment by Jad Isaac of ARIJ