“Our Shared Witness, A Voice for Justice and Reconciliation”
The Rt. Rev. Bishop Munib Younan, President of the Lutheran World Federation (LWF) and Bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land (ELCJHL) has written a new book called Our Shared Witness: A Voice for Justice and Reconciliation. Bishop Younan is known as a bridge-builder, an ambassador of reconciliation, a prophetic voice and an advocate for justice, peace, and non-violence.
In the world in which he lives – where Palestinians struggle for life and coexistence with their neighbor Israelies – one might imagine that despair and hopelessness dominate. However, in reading Bishop Younan’s writings readers will find unending hope for a future of peace and goodwill, along with an optimistic determination to be part of the solution for this troubled Holy Land.
This collection of writings, speeches, and sermons reveals Bishop Younan’s context, his perspective, and his hope. Readers will find his theology to be contextual—deeply rooted in his daily reality as a Palestinian Christian —while at the same time being universal, offering insights and principles that apply to other situations in vastly different parts of the world.
Order his book from the Lutheran Press.
The first launch was held in Bethlehem, Friday, October 12. The second was held at the Swedish Theological Institute, West of the Old City, Monday, October 22. Both were well attended and featured guest speakers who provided reviews of the book, providing insightful feedback and praise for the Bishop’s endeavor.
Listen to the Bishop’s introduction.
Book Launch 1
Oct. 12, Friday, 6:00 pm
Dar Annadwa in Bethlehem
- Moderator and introduction of Book: Fred Strickert, moderator
- Review 1: Rev. Sven Oppegaard, Church of Norway (download his review)
- Review 2: Rev. Dr. Mitri Raheb, pastor of Christmas Church, Bethlehem
- Response: Bishop Munib A. Younan, response.
Book Launch 2
Oct.22, Monday, 6:00 pm
Swedish Theological Institute
- Moderator: Hakan Bengston, STI
- Introduction: Fred Strickert
- Review 1: Rev. Dr. Jesper Svartvik, STI/ University of Lund (download his review)
- Review 2: Dr. Ophir Yarden, Interreligious Coordinating Council of Israel
- Review 3: Yusef Daher, Jerusalem Interchurch Council
- Response: Bishop Munib A. Younan